Re: Drive full before backup could run

  • From: Ara <ara@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:56:15 -0500

how big is the drive and how many partition? what operating system? a quick fix would be disable recycle bin on it and get 10 percent back. also if you have windows page file on it , move to a separate drive and temporary get the space back

Byron Kendrick wrote:

Exchange W2k3. The drive that the priv1.edb resides on filled up while I
was fixing the backup system. Now I cannot mount the store to do a
backup. Can I copy the priv1.edb to another server, do an offline defrag
and bring it back liek we do with the 5.5 server? Do I need to do that? Does E2k3 have some other way to reclaim disk space so I can get the
backup going? HELP. My server is down.

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
Leading Network Software Directory: