[ExchangeList] Dreaded OWA "page cannot be displayed" on secondary mailboxes

  • From: "Charlie Kaiser" <charliek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:23:01 -0700

-------------------------------------------------------Hi all.
E2K3 on W2k3 server. Single exchange server org. Less than 100 users.
A while back we added a secondary email domain for some users. Disabled user
account, "self" as associated external account, primary account has full
mailbox rights. They can open these secondary mailboxes in OL just fine,
send/receive mail.
Now some of the users want to be able to use OWA. There is no SSL on the OWA
since it's internal only, so no FBA either.
Here's the problem: user logs into http://mail1/exchange with their domain
creds and gets their mailbox. No prob. Now we want the second mailbox. So
they should be able to log into http://mail1/exchange/secondmailboxname,
enter their user creds, and see that mailbox, right? Doesn't work. That's
where we get the "page cannot be displayed" error.
Now, the second mailbox name has a dash in it. Some articles I've looked at
reference URLscan and some special characters, but that doesn't seem to be
one of them. I've triple-checked the mailbox rights. I don't believe this is
a mailbox perm issue but an IIS/OWA thing instead.
I've looked at a bunch of KBs and config articles, including Q327843, and
haven't found anything that changes this behavior.

Any thoughts?

Charlie Kaiser
Kingman, AZ

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: