Downloads and application event viewer

  • From: "Amy Kohler" <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:29:34 -0500

I am having trouble with my FE Exchange server. OWA is all it is used for and
users are connecting fine.
I have a regular system event 7011 from the Service Control Manager stating:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the VxSvc
service.
Researching seems to point to a Veritas service, but I don't have that software
installed on the FE

I try to download microsoft updates and it keeps failing.
I try to look in the event viewer and I can only see the system and security
logs. When I click on the application log, it disappears. Accessing it remotely
causes the mmc to have a fatal error and closes. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Amy