Domain\username Requirement in Outlook Web Access

  • From: "Lloyd Williams" <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:56:38 -0400

 After a recent crash of our server users of Outlook Web access  are now
required to preface their user names with their NetBIOS Domain name. I.E
NETBIOSNAME\USERNAME. If they do not insert the NETBIOS name OWA
replaces it with the FQDN of the domain which does not work.
We have Exchange 2003 on server 2003 using OWA over SSL. Does any one
know of a way of removing the NETBIOS\ requirement.

This requirement is not popular with my users whose patience also got
stretched by the  crash