Domain.local versus domain.com

  • From: "Jeff Bushberg" <jeff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:37:41 -0800

Thank you for the well thought out explanation. My existing network

Is a .local and is a small company 10 on site users and 40 remote exchange
only users.

and I plan to use some of the exchange 2003 features rpc over http

the new push technology on sp2 for mobile devices and file sharing with
webdav.

I will be setting up a certificate server and have concerns about the
unknown issues

that may arise with users on the outside resolving to exchange with a public

domain name via public dns and users on the inside resolving to a .local
domain

via private dns. Usually when I set this up I used your option 1 and it has
worked fine,

by me  updating the public DNS with the proper mx and and then updating the
internal

dns with any external www addresses. My first thought is to run dcpromo and
rename

the .local to a .com

Thanks Jeff

  _____