Domain name change

  • From: "Huang, Li-Ming" <li-ming.huang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:24:17 -0500

Hi Experts,   What about this one?

I have a customer who wants to change the domain name in their Email
system from to due to the name change of the company.
They have a very large Exchange 5.5/Windows NT4 implementation.  I know
that a new DNS infrastructure can be built to support XXX.COM.  But I
don't know if it is possible to simply replace the domain name in the
Exchange system without rebuilding the entire Windows NT/Exchange
system??  If it is possible, what steps that we need to go though?

Thanks. -LiMing