Domain Rejects Message - 451

  • From: Deshwal Chand <chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:42:10 +0530

HI,

My mail server has been unable to send mails to a domain. It esatblishes the
SMTP connection with the mail server and then it is being dropped by
destination server.

I get the message "Unable to send as the sender's domain does not resolve" -
451. In MS KB, it has been attributed to Reverse Look up by the destination
server. Means, the destination server resolves the FQDN against the IP
Address. I have got a subdomain under my ISP and that obviously is not
registered with InterNIC. I am running one DNS server at my end and it has
been configured with a reverse Zone.

My ISP is not ready to listen. Is there a way, which I can get to the
domain's mail server, by?

Regards,

Chand Deshwal (M.Tech CS&E,  MCSE, CCNA)
Network Administrator
Kampsax India Ltd., Gurgaon
ph: +91 124 6348259-62, Extn. 712
chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>