Distribution list ownership and members info not visible thru GAL

  • From: Rohit Gulati <rgulati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:50:36 -0800

In our setup we have Exchange 5.5(SP4). The issue is that on some of the
Distribution lists that were created sometime back, we are unable to see the
Ownership and membership info. from Outlook side. I.e. from the client side
when a normal user accesses the GAL, membership and ownership is not visible
but the same is visible if I login and open the Outlook using the Exchange
admin or Exchange service account. This issue is not happening for the newly
created DL's.

As a workaround, when any end user complaints about this issue, I am just
re-creating the DL in the Exchange Admin. I am unable to find any solution
for the same on the MS Knowledge Base or on Google.

Could you please suggest what steps I should follow to resolve this issue.

Rohit Gulati