Distribution List permission mystery

  • From: "Booker T. Washington" <chipw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:24:37 -0500

I created an Email Distribution Group as an admin and I made my user

account the manager and checked the box that gave me permission to update

membership. When I go to update the membership inside of the GAL, I get the

following error:

Changes to the Distribution list membership could not be saved.  You

do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object.

What did I miss?  Is there anything more to changing the manager and

allowing updates that I need to do.

I gave myself "Write" rights (really full control) over the group itself as well.

One odd thing I noticed is that every time I go back to the Group after I log off, the box is always unchecked where it says "Manager can update membership list".

The list is a Global Distribution list and not universal.