Distribution List Permissions

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:06:29 -0500

Hello all,

   Quick question about DL permissions in Exchange 5.5...

 I have a DL called >All Users EMEA and send permissions are granted to
users x, y, z in our organization.
 I have a DL called >All Users World Wide (>All Users EMEA is a recipient)
and send permissions are granted to users A, B, C, X, Y, Z.

If user A sends to >All Users World Wide, will the e-mail be recieved by
members in >All Users EMEA?
In other words, if I give a user permissions to send to a 'parent'
Distribution List (>All Users World Wide), but I do not give send
permissions to that user for the 'recipient' Distribution List (>All Users
EMEA)  will the e-mail be recieved by the 'recipient' DL?

Kind of confusing, but a standard setup for DL's.  Please assist.

Thanks,
Chris