Distibution Lists appearing everywhere

  • From: "shaun sandoval" <shaun@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:25:59 -0700

OK, here is the deal...hopefully someone can help...because I am out of
I have an AD forest with 20 subdomains. Now within these trees, i have 4
seperate exchange systems...totally seperate from eachother. Now each
group has distribution lists...simple enough.
The problem is, the distribution lists are showing up in everyones address
books. The users are being filtered just fine, but the dist. lists are
Now i have gone into ADSI edit and for each distribution list properties,
gone to the showInAddressBook property menu and changed the value so as
the list will  only appear in their respective AB. Now this works for 15
minutes, until a replication is called and after that, it reverts to the
origional settings. I have tried working on the permissions, but to no
avail. The schema will place every exchange address books value back to
the distribution lists.
Any ideas?