RE: Display name with a period in it - not read?

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:08:54 -0400

Some information I have isn't public. I'm sure there are things you
know, that you wouldn't tell me either. :-)

Regardless, think about it - if you've typed in "Dr. George" (and I
don't remember your example precisely, it's gone from this message) for
a user's given name, what is going to happen to the default recipient
policy address generator?

To handle certain special characters and special character sequences,
you've got to build some pretty complicated recipient policies. It's an
Exchange weakness - it is not strong when it comes to address rewriting
capabilities.