[ExchangeList] Display Names and the GAL

  • From: "Kohler, Amy" <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:40:43 -0400

Hello All,

I want to change the GAL to display names from First Name, Last Name to
Last Name, First Name.

Now I know that I need to change it via ADSIEDIT for newly created
accounts and change existing accounts via ADMODIFY.

Here's the issue, the users want to keep the ability for the emails
coming into their mailboxes to come in as first name, last name.

I have done some research and found that you SHOULD be able to
accomplish by changing the Simple Display Name to show First Name, Last
Name.

*         I have found where this should be accomplished by using
ADMODIFY to Modify the Simple Display Name for the account: Enable "Make
a customized attribute modification" on Custom Tab. In the Attribute
Name box, type displaynameprintable and in the Attribute Value box, type
%'givenName'% %'sn'% . Then Restart Exchange System Attendant service on
Exchange 2007, then check whether the Simple Display Name has been
configured for the users.

*         Unfortunately, I am on Exchange 2003 and this doesn't appear
to be working.

*         Any suggestions?

Amy Kohler

Server Support Engineer

Scottrade, Inc.

All e-mail sent to and from this address will be retained by the Scottrade
corporate e-mail system and is subject to review by someone other than the
recipient. E-mail transmissions may not be secure; contact us at 1-800-619-SAVE
for more information.