RE: Disaster Recovery Exchange 2K with Win2K A D

  • From: Calderón Vilches Luis Daniel <Daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:06:39 -0500

Thanks Zoran,

I already checked a few things and I think is a PDC Emulator role problem.
I wasn't added any new hardware to the server.
There is not problems with disks.
Since this is the only server in the organization I don't have replication
issues.
I checked the role owners with ntdsutil and the server owns all of them.
Even I seize the PDC Emulator role to the same server and it succeded but the
problem is stil present.

When I tried to add a new DC, before run dcpromo.exe I had to add the computer
to the domain and received a message stating that no DC of my domain could be
connected.

I run dcdiag.exe on the server and it fails the Fsmocheck. The rest was Ok.
This is the message:

      Starting test: FsmoCheck
         GC Name: \\server.domain.com
         Locator Flags: 0xe00001fd
         Warning: DcGetDcName(PDC_REQUIRED) call failed, error 1355
         A Primary Domain Controller could not be located.
         The server holding the PDC role is down.
         Time Server Name: \\server.domain.com
         Locator Flags: 0xe00001fd
         Preferred Time Server Name: \\server.domain.com
         Locator Flags: 0xe00001fd
         KDC Name: \\server.domain.com
         Locator Flags: 0xe00001fd
         ......................... domain.com failed test FsmoCheck