RE: Disaster Recovery Exchange 2K with Win2K A D

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:49:58 -0500

Are you sure it's not maybe a GPO or something wrong with the particular
client?

Your other question asks if you can associate the account with the new
accounts even though the sID is different (after a rebuild).  The sID has
nothing to do with it.  You can associate a mail store with just about any
user object with few exceptions.  It might be a pain if you have more than
50 to do this with, but you can do it.  You'll want to have a list of these
prior to getting rid of the old ones (LDIFDE or VBS are good tools for this)
so you can match it later.

I just can't help but think that you have something wrong that may not be
fixed by re-building.  It may not require that.

Al