Disaster Recovery

  • From: "sunil shah" <sunny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:55:01 -0500

   I have small organization and we have one windows 2000 server running
everything.  DNS, Exchange, IIS and Backup.  My server is not coming up
and we have tried everything.  I have backup from last night, and we get
new server.  The previous server was Compaq ML530 and the New server is
also Compaq but it is DL360.  I read the DR on Microsoft website and try
to restore system state after installing same windows 2000 Adv. Server.
I have done following :

   (1) Installed windows 2000 as workgroup machine with same server name
(Just a plain without any patches or anything)

   (2) Installed Backup unit from other server to this server and
installed Sony AIT driver

   (3) Run restore using NTBACKUP and it imported my tape and I was able
to successfully restore

But when I restore the windows comes up but then it gives me following
error with blue screen

STOP : 0x00000078 (0xF2027848,0xC0000032,0x00000000,0x00000000)

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
you computer.  If this screen appears again, follow these steps :

   Check for viruses on you computer.  Remove any newly installed hard
drive or har drive controllers.......Balla Balla Balla

Any one can help me pls.