Disabled users in AD

  • From: "Brandon F. Lockhart" <blockhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:28:26 -0400

Hello,
        I have a setup of an Exchange 2000 server, with two DC's.  On the DC's,
we have disabled user accounts, that still belong to a group (ie, "Sales",
"HR", etc).  We are using the groups not only as security groups, but
distrobution groups as well.  When someone sends an e-mail to "Sales", the
disabled users (who do not have a mail account), are receiving the messages
(or, trying to, we get a timeout error).  Is there a way, besides removing the
user from the group, to not send to disabled (deactivated) users.