Re: Disabled Accounts - Best Practices

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:28:03 -0500

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:21:51 -0700, Simone <sleal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to hear from you how you manage disabled account with E2K3.

1) Change password to something crazy (high security) :)
2) Disable the account
3) Under Exchange Advanced -> Mailbox Rights -> Self -> and
enable/check "Associated external account"
> When we disabled an account, the communication with this account is lost.

What type of communication do you expect when it's disabled?

> We can't send new e-mails, we can't access with other account (since we
> configured rights for this).

You will probably need to enable the account to utilize it.
> I need that some disable accounts continue working normaly for a while.

Please refer to John's suggestion.