Directory Synchronization in 5.5

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:39:36 -0500

Hello all,

    I recently rebuilt our Exchange 5.5 (running NT4.0) bridgehead server.
I have noticed that there is a 'Microsoft Exhange Directory
Synchcronization' service and it is set at manual.  Can anyone inform me as
to what this service performs?  I am new to Exchange and am trying to
correct an issue that may be associated with this service.  I have also
noticed that only this exchange server in the site has this service.  Is
this normal?
   The directory structure on the bridgehead does not match the directory
structure on the other servers.  I am trying to get the bridgehead to update
the directory structure as it appears on the other servers. Any information
is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris