Directory Structure under 'Recipients' container in Exchange 5.5

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:43:32 -0400

Hello all,

   I need some help...  I have 3 Exchange 5.5 servers in the same site and
only two of them seem to be applying updates.  For example, if I hide a user
on server 2, it updates on server 3, but not server 1.  What should I look
for?  The server that is not updating is our Bridgehead server (recently had
to be rebuilt).  Even if I force a directory service update on each server,
server 1 does not update the 'Recipients' container.

   I have searched for articles on this, but can find nothing...  Also, I
have noticed that our bridgehead (server 1 in scenario above) has a service
called 'Microsoft Exchange Directory Synchronization' and it is set to
manual.  This service does not appear in services on Server 2 and 3.  Does
this have anything to do with it?  If I try to start the Directory
Synchronization service on the Bridgehead, I get the following error:

"Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Directory Synchronization service on
\\server1 <file://\\server1>
  Error 2140: an internal windows nt error occurred"

Please help.

Thanks
Chris