Digital ID Name can't be found by underlying security system

  • From: "Dusty Jones" <dustyj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:02:28 -0600

I have a problem with encrypted email in Outlook. We have our own CA and
Exchange 2003 server. I have my users enroll for their certificate and
install. There have been no problems with this for 98% of users. Except,
there are a couple of users who have an office workstation and a remote
laptop via vpn. They enrolled for the CA on both machines. However, on one
machine they get the error "Digital ID Name can't be found by the
underlying security system" even though they install a certificate from
the CA. However, on the other machine it works just fine. When I look in
Active Directory on the published cert tab I see multiple certificates.
Any suggestions on this would be greatly accepted. I am using Outlook 2003
on both of the machines with Windows 2000/XP pro for the OS.