Designing Exchange 2003 Enterprise 70-285

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:07:51 -0700

I just took the 70-285 exam yesterday.  One of the test questions asked about
hosting mailboxes on either an Active / Active Exchange Cluster or an Active /
Passive Exchange Cluster which one be the correct choice? Any one pass this
test and know the correct answer?

My understanding is that Microsoft no longer recommends using Exchange in an
Active / Active Cluster ( At least with version 2000 ) however I have not had
an opportunity to try this with Exchange 2003. Any one running a Active /
Active Exchange 2003 Cluster and how is working. does it failover correctly and
fallback with out any issues?

Jose Medeiros
408-449-6621 Cell
Former Vice President and Postmaster NTEA