Deleting duplicate emails from exchange?

  • From: "Javier Sola" <jsola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:37:33 -0700

all,

I was attempting to restore an individual users mailbox and mistakingly
selected the entire information store as well. When the process was taking
well over 30 minutes i go to look at what was going on and came to notice
i was restoring the complete information store. Now some of my users have
received duplicate emails, calendar appts, address book entries, etc... Is
there any way to reverse this backup or any scripts/filters that let you
delete duplicate data on the server? I have about 100 users so a manual
job would be dreadful. I am using veritas backupexec 9.1 on exchange 2003
sp1.

Thanks in advance!

Javier