Re: Deleting dead Exchange 5.5 server from site

  • From: "Vin" <vqazi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:10:09 -0400

If you don't care about the data on this old server then go ahead and remove
it from the list. I don't see it doing any harm. Actually done it before
myself with an Exch 5.5 in a NT 4.0 domain.

Whatever you do, make sure you take the data files from this server before
trashing it, just in case you want to go back and retrieve old data.

I could show you a way of retrieving all data from this server, maybe you
can yourself follow the disaster recovery method, but be careful not to
damage anything else in your domain.

Vin