[ExchangeList] Re: Deleting attachments

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:29:41 -0500

Why?  Because if you come down to it most human beings are pack-rats.
Too darn lazy to clean out mail that they will never ever need.  How
many cluttered garages and basements are in homes; and if you want to
mention business, filing cabinets and storage rooms are in your
building?  How much of that mail is of Aunt June and Uncle Joe with bmps
(no... not jpgs) of their vacation to Hot Springs, Arkansas and little
Billy playing a tree in the grade school spring musical?  How about the
nice big mpgs showing the dog smoking a cigarette behind the garage or
let's not forget the "adult educational videos"!  Nope, I don't buy the
"business reason".  If we were still using paper for correspondence,
what would you do when the file cabinet got full?  Either buy a bigger
cabinet or clean the darn thing out.  Use FTP for large files, use email
for correspondence
*whew* (Rant over)