RE: Delegates

  • From: "Hite, Ronald L" <rhite@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:56:59 -0500

Adding the manager's name to the "From:" field is the only way I know to
correctly identify a "send on behalf of..." email.  In order for Exchange to
know the email is to be sent on behalf of someone else, the email must identify
a different sender than the mailbox owner.  In other words, the mailbox owner
is the "default From:" and you must specify the "on behalf of From:".
Hope that helps clarify...
Ron Hite
Network Administrator
Bell, Boyd & Lloyd LLC