RE: Defragment Public and Private Stores

  • From: "Peterson, William (Contractor)" <WPeterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:38:43 -0500

Good afternoon,

I have recently undertaken the role of Exchange Administrator. Athough I
usually defrag my servers frequently, I have not performed an offline Private
and Public db defrag. There is little space on the petition where the database
resides.  What I need to do is defrag the database on a different petition and
then save it back into its original location. I understand that eseutil will
perform this function, but I am not sure of the syntax or required switch.

This will seem basic to those doing this with regularity, but we all start
somewhere. Thanks in advance.

bill