RE: Defrag

  • From: Matthew Payne <mattp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:47:02 +0100

Is there a similar tool for 5.5?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Abela [mailto:robert@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 June 2002 13:30
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Defrag

http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped!

Go to the exchange directory, and then to the bin directory.  There is a
utility called eseutil, type it in a command prompt and then you should get
a help message with all the switches available to defrag and compress a
database.  Here is the help of eseutil

Microsoft(R) Exchange Server(TM) Database Utilities
Version 6.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1991-2000.  All Rights Reserved.

databases.

MODES OF OPERATION:
      Defragmentation:  ESEUTIL /d <database name> [options]
             Recovery:  ESEUTIL /r [options]
            Integrity:  ESEUTIL /g <database name> [options]
            File Dump:  ESEUTIL /m[mode-modifier] <filename>
               Repair:  ESEUTIL /p <database name> [options]
              Restore:  ESEUTIL /c[mode-modifier] <path name> [options]
             Checksum:  ESEUTIL /k <database name> [options]

<<<<<  Press a key for more help  >>>>>
D=Defragmentation, R=Recovery, G=Integrity, M=File Dump, P=Repair,
C=Restore, K=
Checksum
=>