RE: Defrag

  • From: "Robert Abela" <robert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:30:18 +0200

Go to the exchange directory, and then to the bin directory.  There is a
utility called eseutil, type it in a command prompt and then you should
get a help message with all the switches available to defrag and
compress a database.  Here is the help of eseutil
Microsoft(R) Exchange Server(TM) Database Utilities
Version 6.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1991-2000.  All Rights Reserved.
      Defragmentation:  ESEUTIL /d <database name> [options]
             Recovery:  ESEUTIL /r [options]
            Integrity:  ESEUTIL /g <database name> [options]
            File Dump:  ESEUTIL /m[mode-modifier] <filename>
               Repair:  ESEUTIL /p <database name> [options]
              Restore:  ESEUTIL /c[mode-modifier] <path name> [options]
             Checksum:  ESEUTIL /k <database name> [options]
<<<<<  Press a key for more help  >>>>>
D=Defragmentation, R=Recovery, G=Integrity, M=File Dump, P=Repair,
C=Restore, K=