Database problem for private store

  • From: "Ashutosh Mishra" <ashutoshm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:43:38 +0530

Have an exchange 2k3 server (with sp1) where store size (priv1 & pub1
combined) was well below 10GB just 2-3 days back. Suddenly store failed to
mount. Checked the edbs, this time it crossed 16GB! Done the 1 gb extension
and defrag but not much help. Priv1 never stops growing. Now I have applied
sp2 for exch 2k3 and increased the limit for priv1 to 35Gb but I am
wondering what is going wrong suddenly. In system manager I can see 17-18
mailboxes none exceeding 256 mb and here private store acting so funny.its
17.4 GB in just matters of hours! Is anyone aware of any bug or something
which might be causing this???

Thanks for all the suggestions in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashutosh Mishra