Database issue

  • From: "Farhan Ahmed Khan \(ITG\)" <farhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:51:10 +0500

We are running Windows 2000 and Exchange Server 2003 Ent on one single
machine, which is also a DC. Exchange and Emails is working fine but we
find problems when we are reforming our DC services. Somehow some of our
Active Directory services are corrupted and we can not join a new
machine to the domain as additional domain controller. Lot of engineers
tried to troubleshoot it but didn't succeed. So to get rid of this we
did one thing...

1.      bought 2 new machines
2.      installed server 2003 on both machines
3.      one is now domain controller with the same old domain name
4.      second is member server with exchange 2003 ent installed
5.      created approximately all accounts which are around 250 with
mailboxes

Now I need to find out how I can link my old exchange database with this
new machine? What I am planning is to somehow link the old database with
the new machine and shutdown the old one.....pls reply if anyone has
suggestions.....but m sure with one thing that the old machine can't be
troubleshooted and we already wasted lot of time on the old one.

TIA

Farhan