RE: Database corruption?

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:15:45 -0400

Been my experience that it's better to move to a new store.  Not to say that
the corruption isn't in a mailbox itself, but I'd much rather move to a new
store and not take the chance.

I think this kb goes a little farther than I would, but it's a reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810197

I'd rather take my chances moving the store and seeing what data I can
salvage than do to a restore.  I also would look very carefully at the other
items on the server such as phys, av, etc.

Al