RE: Database Size question

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:54:55 -0700

First, it'd be nice if you didn't "hot-link" a picture in your
signature, just put the thing in there if you must have it.

Yes, this is normal operations for Exchange, the amount of white space
you have is of course going to depend on how active your mailbox stores
are.  My most active/volitale store is just under 70gig right now and it
averages 250MB to about 600MB of whitespace.  Note I said most active, I
have all VIP types in another store that is about twice that size, but
has next to nothing ever deleted, so has very little whitespace
(freespace).  What your seeing is pretty normal in my opinion.  As for
an off-line defrag, don't bother, it's not going to make a difference
for you.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.