RE: Database Size question

  • From: "Ralph Haney" <rhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:26:54 -0800

    <RANT BLOCK ON>
    Not having formal Exchange (or even messaging training) and wearing so many
IT/operations hats I often don't have time to do extensive research, may I ask
a question on free space?
    Based on your suggestion, I took a look out of curiosity and my application
logs for ID 1221 seem to fluctuate with freespace values from about a half-gig
to only 3-4 MB after an online defrag completes.

    1) I assume this is the normal DB maintenance occurring and is nothing to
be concerned about...?
    2) This is the term "whitespace" that you're referring to?

    TIA

    <RANT BLOCK OFF>

Ralph Haney MCSE
IT / Telecom Manager