Database Size question

  • From: "Rich Gallo" <RGallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:42:11 -0500

I was comparing the size of my database backups to my mailbox level backups and
I found a discrepancy of about 10 Gigs (Database is 35 GB Mailboxes are 25 GB).
 Is there some kind of overhead to the database that I am missing??  Should I
do an offline defrag of the stores? Just curious, nothing earth shattering :-)
Thanks!!!

Also, there usually aren’t many log files because I do a full backup every
night and also each day an Incremental is done every two hours. In other words,
I don’t believe log files account for the difference.