[ExchangeList] Re: DST Patch

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:15:30 -0600

Besides being a pain to remember to move all of them up an hour in the
spring and then back again in the fall and that you'd be doing it at
2:00am, I think you'd have to shutdown the databases on your database
servers to make the change and there are probably other applications
that would be affected by the jump as well.  Bottom line, it's less
hassel to simply patch the darn things.

By the way, I heard on the news that the report they based the DST
change on was 30 years old, and the "savings" now is nowhere what it
would have been 30 years ago.  *sigh*  Gotta love them politicians...