[ExchangeList] Re: DST Patch

  • From: Greg Hermida <ghermida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:10:30 -0600

Actually, we are doing something similar here.  We have Exchange 5.5 and a
NT4 backbone, our conversion to a 2003 AD isn't happening until the end of
the summer.  After researching the ridiculous costs associated with buying a
patch from Microsoft and all the issues resulting from the fix, we decided
to test a similar theory in our lab.  The results seem to very favorable.
All we are doing is making sure all servers and pc's get the new time from
our time server and NOT making ANY offset changes to any pc or server.
After April 1, we will adjust the time BACK one hour and let all the pc's
and servers synch up again.

Greg