DSAccess errors...

  • From: "Donavon Yelton" <dyelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 06:59:08 -0400

I am having a continuing problem where our Exchange 2k3/SP1|Win2k3/SP1
drops out of contact with our domain controllers.  Sometimes it is one
or the other, but usually it can't see either domain controller.
Looking in the event logs, it may go hours seeing them and running fine
and the next minute (literally) I am getting MSExchangeDSAccess errors
telling me it can't find the DC's.  One such error is:

Process STORE.EXE (PID=2660). DSAccess failed to obtain an IP address
for DS server chicago.carpenter.local, error 11004.  This host will not
be used as a DS server by DSAccess.

I can't find much information on this type of problem and there are no
network issues.  We are running Integrated DNS.  Our primary DC is
running Win2k3/SP1 and our secondary is running Win2k/SP4.  Any help in
fixing or diagnosing this problem is much appreciated.

Donavon Yelton
Manager of Information Systems
Carpenter Industries, Inc.
(704) 743-2068
http://www.dennis-carpenter.com

THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY NAMED ABOVE. IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT
THE RECIPIENT, OR THE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE TO DELIVER IT TO THE
INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION,
DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU
HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY VIA
RETURN-E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THANK YOU.

Carpenter Industries, Inc.