[ExchangeList] Re: DSAccess Topology Discovery Fails.

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 10:34:41 -0500

I suspect you aren't giving us the relevant event log ids. According to
err.exe:

PS C:\> err.exe 5a

# for hex 0x5a / decimal 90 :

  CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED                                       bugcodes.h

  MSG_E_EXCEPTION                                               certlog.mc

# %1: Certificate Services detected an exception at address

# %2.  Flags = %3.  The exception is %4.

  NMERR_NOT_SUPPORTED                                           netmon.h

  TLS1_ALERT_USER_CANCELED                                      schannel.h

# warning or error

  LDAP_NO_MEMORY                                                winldap.h

# 5 matches found for "5a"

PS C:\>

Have you exhausted memory? Specifically non-paged-pool memory? That could be
what is happening with the /3GB switch. You shouldn't need that switch on
any FE servers.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

MCSE/Exchange MVP