RE: DS_E_communication failure on Exgen 5.5

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:19:05 -0500

That's likely an RPC issue and not an ICMP issue.  Could be name resolution,
permissions, network, etc.

Some things to look at:
Is the W2k server a member of the domain?
Are you using the proper credentials?
Do you have RPC connectivity (can you open the event viewer of the Exchange
host from the W2K host)?
Is the Exchange server services running without errors?

Al