RE: DNS Reverse Lookup + Drop connection

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:35:20 -0800

Many times, either it is not worth tracking down the information, or if you
do find it, they do not care.

Roadrunner is a good example. You can find the information you need on them.
All of their IPs have PTR records, so it is easy to prove a problem.
However, getting them to do some thing about it is like pulling teeth with a
rusty pair of pliers while watching Saturday Night Live. Ain't going to
happen.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You