RE: DNS MX record problem

  • From: "Brandon F. Lockhart" <blockhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:16:22 -0400

I'm taking a stab here as I don't know the full problem, but I would suggest
verifying that the user you are e-mailing has username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in
their e-mail address list as well as username@xxxxxxxxx

Also, verify the MX record is working.  From the Exchange server, run a few DNS
utilities (primarily (probably only) NSLOOKUP).  Verify the MX record is
pointing to SERVER1 for TEST.COM. and for SERVER1.TEST.COM. and you should be
good (if that is working).

I believe Exchange 5.5 allows all incoming domains by default, if not, change
this in the configuration.  With Exchange 2000, you need to add a list of
domains you want to accept.