[ExchangeList] DNS Lookup Problem

  • From: "Amit Kapoor" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:10:13 +0530

Hi All,

I know this problem is not related to Exchange, but any help from u guys
will be appreciated.

We have a windows 2000 domain controller. DNS is configured on this..

We want to use software called Group Mail for sending Bulk emails. That
software looks for the internal DNS server for the MX records lookup for the

But when we run nslookup on the internal server, it says DNS request
time-out in 2 seconds. Although we had removed (.) zone from the forward
lookup zone. And we had setted the forwarders on the DNS server the DNS IP
address of the ISP.

But if in the Group mail software settings we use the ISP DNS IP it works.

Please help us out in this matter.

ps. check out our latest product: www.DriveInside.com - India's No. 1 Auto

Amit Kapoor

Network Engineer
Module One India Ltd.
Paharpur Software Technology Incubator Park
A-88, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi 110020, India

Tel: +91-(0)11-41859200 ext. 204 |  Fax: +91-(0)11-41859220
E-mail:  <mailto:amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  Web:
<http://www.moduleone.com/> www.moduleone.com

==== c r e a t i v e   i n t e r n e t   s o l u t i o n s ====

Module One, one of India's leading Interactive agencies, uses a
combination of creative, marketing and technology skills to assist
clients in successfully using the Internet for their marketing initiatives.