RE: DNS Fowarders

  • From: "Colin Woodcock" <colin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:01:48 +0100

Allan,

2k srvr defaults to being a root server if A.D. does the configuration
of DNS.  This is shown as a folder with the name of '.' i.e. root.  To
turn on DNS forwarding capabilities just delete the '.' forward-lookup
zone.  Then set up the forwarders to be your ISP's, and remember to turn
off recursion, and away you go.  Oh and when your deleting zones from
the server - be careful!

Hope that helped.

Colin Woodcock