[ExchangeList] Re: :DNS & DHCP

  • From: "Amit Kapoor" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:11:49 +0530

I have a windows 2000 server domain controller which is having DNS & DHCP
configured. Now the problem is that if we configure any website on any
server in the network.

On user's machine I have primary DNS server IP as the IP of Windows 2000
server which is domain controller.

If I set Obtain IP address automatically and DNS Server address
automatically in TCP/IP settings of LAN card, then websites configured in
the IIS on any server are not accessible by their name..

Please Help.

Amit Kapoor

Network Engineer
Module One India Ltd.
Paharpur Software Technology Incubator Park
A-88, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi 110020, India

Tel: +91-(0)11-41859200 ext. 204 |  Fax: +91-(0)11-41859220
E-mail:  <mailto:amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  Web:
<http://www.moduleone.com/> www.moduleone.com

==== c r e a t i v e   i n t e r n e t   s o l u t i o n s ====

Module One, one of India's leading Interactive agencies, uses a
combination of creative, marketing and technology skills to assist
clients in successfully using the Internet for their marketing initiatives.