RE: Customizing an Address List

  • From: C Drawers <cdrawers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:02:35 -0800 (PST)

Michael,

Your input is working like a champ; however, i seem not to be able to take your
input and run with it.  I'm trying to get more complex and add another set of
objects in the query below to get users, groups and contacts all back together.
 I'm looking to see if you can identify my struggles.

Here is my query...
(&
    (mailnickname=*)
    (|
        (&
            (objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(company=CompanyName)
        )
        (&
            (objectCategory=group)(displayName=*SuffixDisplayName)
        )        (&
            (objectCategory=contact)(displayName=PrefixxDisplayName*)
        )

    )
)

You can see that I just added another object type and criteria for that object,
but the result set does not come back with contacts included.

I appreciate your time inadvance!
Thanks,

"Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/
ADU&C and ESM allow you to build fairly complex queries - by example. In ADU&C,
click "Action -> Find".

When I need an LDAP browser, I tend to use Softerra's LDAP Browser. It's free.

Insofar as your specific query is concerned, I generally like to indent things
to show the program flow ('cuz a query is a program, albeit a very limited one,
of a sort). So something like this...

(&
    (mailnickname=*)
    (|