RE: Customizing an Address List

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:01:15 -0500

ADU&C and ESM allow you to build fairly complex queries - by example. In
ADU&C, click "Action -> Find".

When I need an LDAP browser, I tend to use Softerra's LDAP Browser. It's
free.

Insofar as your specific query is concerned, I generally like to indent
things to show the program flow ('cuz a query is a program, albeit a
very limited one, of a sort). So something like this...

(&
    (mailnickname=*)
    (|
        (&

(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(company=CompanyName)
        )
        (&
            (objectCategory=group)(displayName=*SuffixDisplayName)
        )
    )
)