Customizing an Address List

  • From: Joe Blow <cdrawers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:10:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello.  I'm new to the list.  Please excuse if this has already been covered.

I'm attempting to customize an Address List in Exchange2003 and am having
trouble creating the query I want.

I want a query which has certain users (based on Company field in AD) and
certain groups (based on the last few characters of the displayName) in the

Each of the above work individually and I get back the results correctly.  I'm
just not sure how to get the query to return both sets of data, nor do I know
if that is allowed.

Here are the specifics:

This is my user query:
(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|

it returns the right list of Exchange Users.

This is my Group Query:
(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (objectCategory=group)

I want the contents of my address list to be a combination of the above.
However, I'm struggling.  I've tried various combinations of the above to get
the right results back.  I've walked through the GUI, selecting mailbox enabled
users and groups and added (under advanced) the criteria for users and for

I'm assuming the Anding and Or'ing of it all isn't working out.  The samples
I've seen on MSDN are exceedingly simple.  I'd like to find a tool which
allowed Query By Example functionality like MS Access provides, except against
and LDAP source, but haven't found something like that.

Any input is appreciated.

Do you Yahoo!?