RE: Custom Recipients in Exchange 2000

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:07:21 -0500

Not sure exactly what you're wanting.  Are you wanting this "custom recipient"
to be able to log into your domain or are you just wanting them for the purpose
of sending email and having them show up in the address book.  If the latter is
the case, you can create a "contact" record in AD Users & Computers.  This will
allow you to set up a contact w/ an external address.  I have a user in our
organization set up currently like this.  She's in the building but runs a Mac
and due to office politics, I am unable to get her on the network.  She has a
dial-up AOL account and that's how internal exchange users communicate is
selecting her name in the address book and it goes to her external AOL account.
 Very hokie but it works.

Regards,
Mike Liddekee
Network Engineer