Custom Exchange Quota Message - E2K3

  • From: Ghassan Hassan <ghassan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:09:46 -0400

I am aware of two ways (unless you use third party tools) to modify the
Quota Message when a mailbox exceeds its storage limit.  The first one is to
modify the DLL (mdbsz.dll) but I was told Microsoft does not support this
method.  The other one is called "Exchange Quota Message Service" which is
still in Beta and it is provided by Microsoft.

I would like to know if anyone had issues in the past when using the first
method of modifying the DLL? I am also aware the file will get over-written
every time Microsoft releases a patch or a service pack.